Read the letter below from our Executive Director, Stephen L. Fredericks
The concept that “it’s only for kids” does not apply to either the mission or method of The Growing Stage – The Children’s Theatre of New Jersey. It is this commitment to our craft that enables us to be unique and effective as we deliver professional, quality work to the young people and families that we have the privilege to work alongside. It is this foundation from which we have built a vibrant, growing organization that is now in its thirty-fourth season. Our commitment and foundation allowed us earlier this year to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the re-opening of the Palace Theatre on March 1st, 2016.
We would never have been allowed to dream or to achieve our goals without your active support. Too often we receive letters at home requesting contributions, and our initial thought is that we wish we could do more. We don’t realize the immediate impact that each dollar raised provides. But indeed, every dollar counts. The money raised from our Annual Appeal 2015 allowed us to achieve the following goals that directly benefited our audiences –
- Maintain our ticket and tuition prices so that they remain economically accessible.
- Purchase a new piano to enhance performance and classroom capabilities.
- Upgrade the sound system to enable improved assisted listening capabilities.
- Broaden our arts educational programming to include special intensive workshops for teens.
- Expand our Main Stage season from four to five shows and included the unveiling of our 3rd World Premiere production in a row!
This season, money raised from the Annual Appeal will allow us to continue to realize additional dreams –
- The development of sensory autism friendly programming in both the classroom and performance.
- Improved production values on our stage that will significantly upgrade our technical capabilities.
- Installation of proper flooring for our 3rd floor studio to create dance and theatre movement classes.
- The launch of a weekday pre-school arts education program and a Theatre for the Very Young performance/creative dramatics series.
- The ability to continue to control prices for our families!
The reality is that everything costs money – even dreams. For thirty-four years The Growing Stage has effectively transformed those dreams into worthwhile and effective programming that will continue to positively impact our young people, families, and communities. Every dollar raised creates another incredible artistic experience on our stage that can be shared by your family, another chance for a young person to develop self-awareness through achievement in both our classroom and his, and another door to be open to possibilities and dreams.
I appreciate your consideration in actively participating in the 2016 – 2017 Annual Appeal benefiting The Growing Stage – The Children’s Theatre of New Jersey, because you know what we do isn’t “just for kids” and that every dollar raised matters.
Stephen L. Fredericks
Founder & Executive Director